Release[edit | edit source]
Alpha 11 was released on August 18, 2015.
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
Patch notes are copied from the official Stonehearth blog entry
Embark![edit | edit source]
When starting a new game, you can now see portraits and roll attributes for your hearthlings. (Mouse over the attributes to see a description.) You can also give your hearthlings new names and purchase initial starting equipment. You can also see the world seed of your randomly generated world, so you can pass it on to your friends.
Crates[edit | edit source]
Carpenters can now craft crates to store and organize your items. Crates come in two sizes and function much like mobile stockpiles. This means you can move them to where they are needed. For example, you can load up a crate with wood and then move it near a construction site. Or, put a food crate in your dining hall!
Backpacks for Everyone[edit | edit source]
All hearthlings are now equipped with a backpack that can hold up to four items. This makes them much more efficient at restocking items as well as other tasks. You can see the contents of their backpack on the character sheet.
The Cook, Part 1[edit | edit source]
The cook profession has been enabled. Create a cook from a Level 1 Farmer, using a spoon crafted by the Mason. There are only four recipes at the moment, but we will be adding many more later. Uncooked food now spoils after a few days, so don’t overproduce it! Prepared food lasts longer but will also eventually spoil. To create the new bread recipe, first create flour from the new wheat crop.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
Hearthling attributes are now calculated on a gaussian distribution, instead of at random, and now have more of an impact on the game. Over time, we’ll continue to add more effects. An example of some of the effects currently in the game:
- Diligence increases crafting speed.
- Curiosity increases experience gain when crafting new items.
- Inventiveness increases chance of crafting fine items.
- Muscle increases weapon damage.
- Stamina reduces the amount of sleep needed.
- Courage determines chance to flee in combat.
- Compassion affects maximum number of trapper pets and improves sheep wool production and reproduction rates.
Goblins[edit | edit source]
You can now be friends indefinitely with the goblins. If you choose to give them what they’re looking for, they will eventually depart satisfied, instead of constantly increasing their demands. Goblins are also easily bored. If you fail a payment and they harass you, they may eventually become bored and give up. In either case, if you do not kill their chieftain before they depart, they’ll tell their friends, and another group may come by to “educate themselves” about your settlement.
Performance[edit | edit source]
- Improved performance when there are a large number of items in the world.
- Improved lua garbage collection behavior. This should help with memory issues on slower systems.
- Increased rendering engine performance while reducing cpu usage.
- Major performance gain when placing traps in areas with lots of items.
- Improved farming performance for when there are a lot of farm fields.
Console[edit | edit source]
- Open the console with ctrl+c. Type help to see all available commands.
- Implemented the console command im to instantly mine a selected mining region.
- Get the world seed of a running game by typing world_seed.
General Improvements[edit | edit source]
- The fog of war has been lifted when selecting your starting location.
- Portraits added to the unit info pane in the bottom left corner. Clicking on the portrait brings up the character sheet.
- Added many tool tips to the character sheet and building designer.
- Show armor and weapon bonuses on the character sheet.
- Hearthlings can now pick up and place items on multiple levels instead of just at foot level.
- Hearthlings no longer pop up when placing large furniture.
- Hearthlings no longer build ladders when they can reach the item from ground level.
- Removing ladders now shows the undeploy icon.
- When moving items, their initial facing is preserved.
- Clicking units in the party window will now select and zoom to them.
- When buying and selling items, the reticle no longer obscures the quantity.
- Hearthlings now sleep in the center of the bed.
- Enemies no longer gain experience and level up.
- Incompatible saves can no longer be loaded.
- Improved pathfinding and task scheduling performance when there are lots of ladders around.
- Improved performance when there are a large number of items in stockpiles.
- Made the camera point north again when choosing a settlement location.
- Added option to return to the main menu / title screen.
- Ladders can now be removed from the top.
- When placing items/templates, default the orientation to face the camera if no other orientation is set.
- Promotion window now live-updates.
- Blonde and sandy hair variants are now available for female hearthlings.
- Crop growth rate has been tuned to be slightly slower.
- Exit game now has a confirmation dialog.
- More text fields have been internationalized.
- Made the terrain highlight service mod-friendly for adding new types of minable resources.
- Allow free-standing walls to be built on top of other structures.
- Added more items for purchase from the trader.
- Goblins no longer have backpacks.
- Bleating sheep.
- Added more logging to detect corrupt installations.
- Hearthlings now sleep underneath the covers in comfy beds.
- Added ‘Copy to Clipboard’ button for UI errors.
- Shops will now put stuff in escrow when you sell it so you can buy it back if you want. Escrow items will be dropped off near the banner once you close the shop UI.
- Game speed hotkeys are 1, 2, 3.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug tracking the occupied space in stockpiles which could cause hearthlings to randomly pick up and put down items.
- Fixed bug in stockpile filters when all items are acceptable.
- Fixed bug that caused undo to create holes in buildings.
- Fixed bug that caused items to not undeploy.
- Fixed bug that caused ladders to be unremovable.
- Fixed errors when actions could not be completed.
- Fixed error when trying to pick up an item off a workstation that is no longer there.
- Prohibit digging through the bottom of the world.
- Fixed error using instabuild and instamine when a building or mining zone was not selected.
- Fixed issues with timers and alarms that were potentially causing hearthlings to get stuck in the ground.
- Fixed disappearing hearthling when the chair or bed she’s using is restocked/destroyed.
- Fixed error on load trying to restore tasks on destroyed items.
- Fixed bug trying to raise walls around overly complex floor regions.
- Fixed some ai behaviors with picking up and restocking items.
- Fixed location of windows, doors, and mounted items that could be off by one when a template was rotated.
- Fixed bug when trying to extinguish the firepit. This was causing games to load frozen with no UI.
- Fixed issues placing ladders in complex regions.
- Fixed error when removing ladder that had not finished building.
- The place item window now scrolls properly.
- Objects that have been destroyed are now deselected.
- The fine wooden wall lantern is now sellable.
- Fixed bug causing hearthlings to appear stuck in the ground.
- Fixed error starting hearthling tasks when loading a game.
- Buildings with flat roofs now build.
- Fixed many scaffolding issues.
- Fixed assertion error when designing custom buildings.
- Fixed bug placing templates near cliffs.
- Fixed pausing construction on a building.
- Made sure ‘Finished Editing’ button is shown when drawing floor or raising walls.
- Fixed UI issues for buildings actively under construction.
- Fixed issue building ladders without a proper destination.
- Fixed error finding path to item that is being moved (mostly crates).
- Fixed bug trying to pick up items that were destroyed.
- Fixed error when hearthling tries to start task on an item that was recently moved in/out of storage.
- Fixed error in the population tracking code.
- Fixed bug causing the trader in the trade encounter to return immediately.
- Fixed bug that started the next encounter too soon.
- Fixed bug that showed dialog for entities that were dead.
- Fixed bug counting items when using the crafter maintain function.
- Fixed floating plants.
- Hearthling activities now live update again on the citizens window.
- Fixed categories for the plushie toy rabbit, wooden piggy bank, normal and wicked firepits.
- Fixed bugs with goblin camps returning even after boss was killed.
- Fixed crashing bugs when placing free-standing walls.
- Fixed windows not being placed on buildings.
- Fixed bug that caused hearthlings to walk to the wrong location when picking up items from stockpiles.
- Fixed bug that prevented using ladders to reach mining zones on cliffs.
- Fixed hearthlings floating in air after hanging an item on a wall.
- Fixed engine error when a hearthling cannot reach an item to pick it up.
- Fixed engine error when undeploying hanging items.
- Fixed engine error when goblins try to pick up items higher than foot level.
- Fixed assertion error when rotating items.
- Fixed hearthling activity descriptions missing on citizens window.
- Crates inside and on building will now work properly.
- Hearthlings can now place items that are stored in crates.
- Fixed an issue that prevented hearthlings from crafting from crates.
- Hearthlings now eat from food in crates.
- Fixed promoting hearthling when talisman is in a crate.
- Fixed collision regions for the large crate and leather bound chest.
- Fixed save/load bugs with sleeping and eating.
- Starting town items now show up in town inventory.
- Fixed character sheet error on promotion.
- You can no longer sell placed items.
- The place item screen now only displays objects that can be placed.
- Pets can now eat from berry baskets without errors.
- Crafted items are now immediately added to town inventory.
- Crafters now maintain the correct number of items.
- Crafters can now sometimes successfully skip craft orders they do not have the ingredients to complete.
- Sheep no longer run in place when they first spawn.
- Fixed resource description on cook’s workshop.
- Character sheets only display for humans.
- Fixed some UI errors that can happen in the shop dialog.
- Fixed crash when taking screenshot for saving. If you are running old Intel video drivers or Parallels for the Mac, you will now see a blank screenshot, but should be able to save.
- Fixed crash due to lua coroutine (multi-threading) bugs.
- Fixed crash sending too much data from the server to the client.
- Fixed crash on older Intel video drivers.
- Manually extended auto-placed ladders can now be removed.
- Renaming structures no longer causes the camera to move.
- Fixed hearthlings floating on top of chairs while eating.
- Fixed issues when saving/loading the game while a hearthling is sleeping.
- Fixed hearthlings sleeping twice in a night.
- Fixed error in the scaffolding manager.
- Fixed error when placing items in buildings.
- Fixed bug trying to restore destroyed items on game load.
- Fixed save/load issues with farms.
- Fixed error with shepherd looking for more sheep.
- You can now save the game before placing the banner.
- Rotating an item while placing it now correctly rotates its collision shape.
- Crafter workbenches now have the correct collision shape.
- Fixed camera zooming away when focusing on carried item.
- Fixed issue preventing cooked food from being eaten.
- Fixed issue where carpenter maintain was broken for crates.
- Jerky should be restockable.
- Fixed bug that caused bad performance when building tall structures.
- Fixed crash placing freestanding walls when a column location could not be found.
- Support connecting two buildings with a freestanding wall.
- Only user placed ladders can be removed from the top. This helps to prevent hearthlings from stranding themselves on the roof.
- Changed storage filters to account for flour and wheat.
- Fixed UI error when promoting a hearthling and closing the dialog too fast.
- Prevent the ‘None’ checkbox on a storage filter from becoming stuck.
- Fixed lots of small UI issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
- Hearthling OCD