Release[edit | edit source]
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
Water, Part 1[edit | edit source]
Lakes now spawn in the world, and water behaves rationally as the terrain is deformed. There’s still a lot to do here: rivers, improvements to the simulation, swimming, and the ability to use water as a resource.
Building Improvements, Part 1[edit | edit source]
The building system has gone through a major upgrade. This is a work-in-progress. Expect bugs and unfinished features.
- You can now create multi-story buildings using the slab, grow-walls, and grow-roof tools! This is especially buggy at this stage of the Alpha, but feel free to try it out.
- The road and building designers have been merged into a new GUI.
- Hearthlings are smarter about building shapes created out of slabs.
- Many more building patterns
Combat Improvements[edit | edit source]
- Part 2 of the Goblin Campaign: Wolf Raiders! Send your hearthlings to free the wolves from their cages before their trainer can turn them on you.
- Goblin Camp boss and associated minions are now appropriately armed and buffed.
- Wandering undead now spawn at night.
UI Improvements[edit | edit source]
- Building editor redesign. It’s now much easier to place and build buildings based on templates.
- New menu GUI. Reorganized the menu options to make more sense. Some hotkeys have changed.
- In the citizen UI. Clicking a row will not focus the camera on that Hearthling.
- In the embark screen, show star ratings for vegetation, wildlife, and minerals.
Performance Improvements[edit | edit source]
- AI: Stonehearth can now handle many more Hearthlings thinking and working at the same time.
- Mining large regions and building long roads takes much less CPU time.
- Reduced batch-counts for 3D rendering.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Hearthlings used to have difficulty mining out ceilings when already underground. They will now reserve stepping stones to allow them to reach and remove ceiling blocks.
- Floating trees are fixed.
- Enemy camps no longer spawn astride cliffs.
- Altered requirement equations for new citizens, net worth, food calculations
- Several building fixes when constructing complicated custom buildings
- Build less scaffolding when making buildings. Some of the scaffolding was unncessary
- Fix “missing color code” errors when building with stone patterns
- Water is now properly lit during the day/night
- Hiding the character sheet no longer breaks the promotion UI (and lots of other UIs as well)
- Properly sort auto-saves by date along with all the rest of the saves
- Hide save related buttons when loading a game from the title screen
- Properly center the save screen
- Fixed several animation glitches in the goblin
- Fixed display glitches in the fog of war border
- Fix display glitch when old particle systems appear on screen
- Don’t start the game clock until the game actually starts
- Fix bug when goblin camps spawned on dirt
- New graphics for NPCs in the 2nd part of the goblin campaign
- Make many more crafted items sellable, including “fine” items
- Return of the Red Peaked Roof type
- You are no longer allowed to sell clothes off your workers’ backs
- Nerf the amount of gold you receive when selling pelts
- Fixed save/load bugs related to farms
- Fixed many bugs in roofs for multi-story buildings
- Rendering improvements for scaffolding. Lots of scaffolding should no longer slow down the game.
- More AI performance improvements
- Enable drawing slabs which hang out over thin air (like docks or balconies).
- Fixed another instance of the “workers stuck” bug.
- Goblins will no longer passively let you beat on them as they beat on items in your stockpile
- More water bug fixes.
- Fixed farmer stocking bug
- Fix party bug
- Goblin stockpiles now properly delete on boss death
- Various fixes to goblin aggression
- Goblin scout camp now has tents
- Undead now randomly spawn, but only after a few days of play
- Fixed undead spawning in peaceful mode games.